Thursday, May 28, 2009

Community Life

I wish my community was friendlier but it is not. I try to smile to people as I do my powerwalk, but not many reply. I meet people I "know" (but can't remember from where) and we never acknowledge one another. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the typical kind of relationship we have around here. I wish I'd be living in a friendlier community. Not that I don't make efforts to help changing it; I'm volunteering today, tomorrow and Saturday. There's a huge festival welcoming high school students who are artists from all over Quebec. Let's see if my community is ready for a friendly challenge ;-)

1 comment:

Ani said...

hi, neighbor! ;)

our neighborhood is only a little neighborly. the college kids just don't want to acknowledge the family folks... oh well!