Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Own Company

About 8-9 years ago, while I was teaching English as a second language, I had the idea of having my grade 6 students to get involved into a young entrepreneurs project.

They had to prepare a marketing plan, keep a budget, write a logbook, submit a final report and of course, produce some stuff to sell. It started quite small, but year after year, it became bigger... and bigger... Students from the previous years were talking about what they would do when they'd be in grade 6...

I don't teach anymore but «My Own Company» is still there. This year, my sweet Miranda and her friends sewed bags made of old pairs of jeans, cooked sweet snacks,
decorated frames, made necklaces. Each company had their booth in the school gym. I like that there's still a little bit of myself and that my idea has aged well :-)

No comments: