Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Can Do It

Well, hey, oh! I can so do it, right? Thanks Noëlla my lovely mother-in-law whomI like so much and who showed me how to knit in circle. No laughing allowed, it is not a simple concept to get! Knit in circle with 5 needles going in all directions wanting to let go those nice little stitches, try this and then we'll talk about it... I know, I know, it's not that difficult once you know how to do it, but when you do not know, it's more like advanced trigonometry in a foreign language.

Let's talk about thumbs... Because at a certain point comes the thumb issue. That's where I am. Yes, Noëlla explained me last Sunday how to deal with the thumb, with a little drawing and all (and my father-in-law who found all that impossible shebang so funny). So here it is: you put 9 stitches on a pin, you cast 9 new ones and move on. Ok. Got it (????). I got it, but I don't really see it, in fact, I don't see it at all! And dear hubby who keeps on repeating me (he's such a darling) yes, you put 9 stitches (bla-bla-bla)...

I love knitting and like for sewing I don't like to use patterns, I need to experiment on my own to learn. So, tonight, in front of CSI (thank God there's something new on TV!) and then Eli Stone (funny, really), I'm getting my hands dirty into what we can call «taking care of a thumb when knitting a mitten». It's Aunt JJ* who would be delighted!

Ok, going back to my stuff. To be continued!

*Aunt JJ was our sitter when my sisters and I were little, she's the one who taught us how to knit, do embroidery (which I can't remember) and other indispensable things in life :-)

No comments: