Thursday, March 29, 2007

Peace and Love

I'm working on the Culture of Peace for my "real" job. What I'm discovering is fascinating. Well, everyone knows what peace is about, right? In fact, that's my biggest surprise, I'm learning a lot more on the topic than I previously thought. I'm starting to see links between different elements that form peace. Because not being in the middle of a war doesn't mean living peacefully. There are the essential needs that need to be addressed, followed by the fact that one's desire shouldn't affect negatively the well-being of others. It is important to accomplish ourselves without exploiting others. "Where there's a man, there's manhood"... That may change. It doesn't require a lot to make a difference. When the contagion starts spreading we could see major changes. If everyone started with a daily action, we'd notice it rapidly. Feeling like starting making peace around you? Come here and make your selection!

No comments: