Monday, December 20, 2010

Granny Christman Tree

This year, a vintage Christmas tree. I love using vintage items, especially textiles. I feel closer to those women who made everything themselves, now that I am making some stuff myself. My granny Christmas tree is kind of an homage in a way.

The "lacy" decorations were part of a crocheted center piece that I separated into different elements. Absolutely lovely...


The "beast" ;-)

And, gifts... Craft paper, a fantastic friend of mine, allows so many possibilities that I couldn't resist to use it again this year. For each gift, a large black letter, butcher's twine and a little ribbon to give them a more festive look and... VoilĂ !

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Lovely tree, Dominique~but I adore those packages~so graphic and fun! A very happy holiday to you and your family.