Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dear Lizzie...

My favorite part from the movie:
Fitzwilliam Darcy declaring his love to Elizabeth Bennet, the second time.
Sighs...


"You must know.
Surely you must know it was all for you.
You are too generous to trifle with me.
I believe you spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope as I had scarcely allowed myself before.
If your feelings are still what they were last April tell me so at once.
My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever.
If, however, your feelings have changed, I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me, body and soul and I love... I love... I love you.
I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

Matthew Macfadyen is irresistible in that scene, don't you think?

No comments: