Thursday, February 7, 2008

Flying Saucers

As a child, everyone had a favorite candy. My sister Isabelle was almost always chewing gum. As for my daughter Alizée, she was crazy about those blue gummy fish. For a while I enjoyed pink peppermints (not the white ones, they were for grannies!), but that was during my teenage years. Younger, I'd do anything for flying saucers (or whatever you call them in English, flying saucers is the word by word translation). Usually, as an adult, that kind of passion fades. In my case, it has become an unbearable torment. A little like my husband and peanuts. All in all, in the presence of flying saucers (and in Claude's case, peanuts), my mind/brain/spirit is constantly obsessed by an unmanageable need to swallow them. Drama...

Claude offered me flying saucers last week. I was so happy, they're tough to find! Below, a partial description of the ingredients. Mostly, sugar, but they are so delicious.
I was a little panicked when I saw that there was a «best before» notice. November 2008, I shall not wait any longer! So, I ate them. All. No more. Niet. Gone. Adieu. Boo-hoo...

No comments: