Thursday, June 7, 2007

Musée D'Orsay

I'm back from a wonderful trip. Nothing is better than that to make that age transition. 40? Piece of cake...

Paris... So many great things, it's
difficult to choose so here's one of my good souvenirs. I'm talking about the Musée D'Orsay. Previously a train station from the early 1900's, it finally found a best vocation: an art museum showing paintings, drawings, sculptures from the late 19th to the early 20th century. The ceiling itself is a piece of art. So are the clock, the 2nd floor restaurant, the ballroom. So beautiful!

The place had a real effect on me, I felt dizzy from my arrival until I left the museum. And I'd rather think it was due to its beauty, its magic than thinking about bad air conditioning, lack of sleep or the impressive number of people present. No, no, no, I instantly thought of the Stendhal Syndrome, nothing less :-) Well, I was impressed (and not only by the impressionists), captivated. You don't see Van Gogh's, Monet's, Rodin's, Claudel's, Renoir's, Degas' and Manet's art work everyday...

No comments: